Godena: the Walter Mitty ...

Kevin Cabral kcabral at freenet.columbus.oh.us
Sun Feb 11 13:18:47 MST 1996

On Sun, 11 Feb 1996 Godenas at aol.com wrote:

> real name on this list), who throws out charge after charge against the
> Peruvian revolution, who accuses others of  the worst crimes, including
> murder, who urges others, in the worst McCarthyite fashion, to shun those

	This is a typical contradiction of a great apologist. While towing
the line of the Shining Path, and Stalin together he comes up with a dire
contradiction: the question of murder.

	Its like Duane Gish (a creationist apologetic) talking about the second
law of thermodynamics and evolution, then trying to apply this theory to
why his ice cubes in his freezer can freeze.

	Godenas apologizes for Stalin, one of the greatest murderers of
all-time, then calls murder "a horrible crime". While trying to support
the Shining Path, and their atrocities.

	Then in making their case his friend Luis identifies Amnesty
International as a puppet for American imperialist interests, then
Charlotte comes into the discussion and starts talking about how
democratic the Soviet Union was.

	The CPUSA, if it wants to be turn away from its history as a
puppet for Stalinism/Moscow, needs to get more people like Scott Marshall
into the party. And get the Stalinists, and "hard-liners" like Gus Hall,
Louis Godenas, and Charlotte Kates out. I'm sure MIM, or perhaps the PLP
would have plenty of spots availible for them.

Kevin
Cols, Oh