the Christian Coalition and the NOI, again

Louis N Proyect lnp3 at columbia.edu
Fri Feb 16 14:08:24 MST 1996

On Fri, 16 Feb 1996, Doug Henwood wrote:

> called Christian rightists. Since LF's base is more petit bourgeois than
> working class, comparing the class composition of the two movements could
> be quite interesting.

Louis: Usually Doug doesn't raise the stakes unless he's holding 4 Aces.
Okay, let me call his bluff. What statistics allow you to draw the
conclusion that LF's base is at all pb. If anything, it seems like the
average NOI member is working-class to the core. The people who attend
his rallies are not shopkeepers, dentists, college professors. They are
bus-drivers, autoworkers, shipping clerks, aren't they?