Kerala

ROSSERJB at jmu.edu ROSSERJB at jmu.edu
Sat Feb 17 09:24:16 MST 1996

To Jeff Booth:
     Kerala is a state in the southwestern corner of India.
It is not an independent country.  It and West Bengal have
both been ruled off and on by Communist parties for extended
periods of time.  By all accounts the results in Kerala have
been admirable, but I admit to not knowing all the details,
mostly just the high education, long life span, high nutrition,
etc.  results.
     One stat:  last I heard Kerala had the highest life-span to
official per capita income ratio in the world.  They are doing
SOMETHING right, if not everything.
Barkley Rosser