SWP -Reply

Lisa Rogers eqwq.lrogers at state.ut.us
Sat Feb 17 17:33:29 MST 1996

James Miller wrote:
>    Recently Lisa Rogers posted a message asserting that
> SWP members were required to choose companions or marriage
> partners from within the SWP or YS. This is not true. There
> are many SWP members who have wives, husbands, companions
> or partners who are not in the SWP.

I don't claim to have read the manual, but I know what some former
members such as Jerry and Louis have said onlist, and in my post I
was specifically reporting on what my friends, recently YS members,
told me happened to them two weeks ago.

The good news is that most of the ex/present members of the YS local
are of bi/les/gay/indeterminate/alliance orientation, so apparently
the SWP is not presently banning non-straights from membership.  If
they did, there would be about 1 or 2 members left here.  Sorry, no
references on 'rules' about this, just observations.

Lisa,
amateur reporter