explanation -Reply

Lisa Rogers eqwq.lrogers at state.ut.us
Sat Feb 17 18:02:30 MST 1996

Justin Schwartz wrote:
In the following, Lisa denies in effect that there is any explnatory
priority to anything in the explanation of behavior. This in effect
denies the possibility of general explanations of behavior.
***

I did what???  Hey, I know you gotta call it like you see it, but I
assure you, that is not what I meant.  I intended to deny that
'ideal' / non-material / psychological factors were independent of
material-social construction.  Although not accustomed to your
terminology, I think that I do indeed believe in 'explanatory
priority'.

But you don't mean to say that material-social construction works on
a blank slate, do you?  Is not a biological individual an active
agent seeking and responding within the material-social forces
surrounding it?

Or, are we talking about the same thing?

Lisa