Censorship and evasions

glevy at acnet.pratt.edu glevy at acnet.pratt.edu
Sat Feb 17 18:20:42 MST 1996

Chris, London wrote:

> As for Jerry, his return post under this same title is quite
> hypocritical.
> One of the reasons he resigned from the marxism l*st in October
> was because of the amount of obscenities from Ralph.

I didn't resign because of Ralph. In any event, THE ISSUE IS NOT OBSCENITY.
Nor is it hypocrisy, except on *your* part.

THE ISSUE IS *CENSORSHIP*.

YOU, EVIDENTLY, ARE IN FAVOR OF ASKING POSTMASTERS (AND POSSIBLY
GOVERNMENT AGENCIES) TO CENSOR THE POSTS OF SUBSCRIBERS WHO YOU FIND
OBJECTIONABLE.

I find this to be a *totally* outrageous suggestion which has
far-reaching POLITICAL implications for the Internet.

You have put yourself on the side of the REACTIONARY forces who want to
pressure Internet providers into censoring their subscribers.

Jerry