Saddam Hussein and "Enemy of my enemy... etc

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Feb 20 10:34:54 MST 1996

At 8:40 AM 2/20/96, Louis N Proyect wrote:

>A lot of this pro-Hussein stuff actually got ventilated on Pacifica radio,
>where Tom Condit and Doug Henwood both have regular shows. In NY, the
>Pacifica program director, Samori Marksman, is influenced by Workers World
>Party which organized one of the bigger demonstrations against
>intervention in the Gulf. Ramsey Clark is friendly to WWP.

Not that I subscribed to the pro-Saddam line, just to make things clear.
For one, he killed Commies using a list of names provided by the CIA, not a
way to win my heart.

For some reason, I often find myself in the "plague on both your houses"
mode, which isn't a key to popularity, since most people seem to prefer
rigid white hat-black hat distinctions.

Doug

--

Doug Henwood