Khrushchev, Stalin and Terror

Chris, London 100423.2040 at compuserve.com
Tue Feb 20 14:06:36 MST 1996

Khrushchev had good reason simply to invert the cult of the personality
and present Stalin as the personal source of all the terror and
oppression in the Soviet Union in the 30's.

Here he is on 6th June 1937, at the Fifth Conference of Moscow Province:

"Our Party will mercilessly crush the band of traitors and betrayers,
and wipe out all the Trotskyist-Right dregs...

The guarantee of this is the unshakable leadership of our Central
Committee, the unshakable leadership of our leader Comrade Stalin...

We shall totally annihilate the enemies - to the last man - and scatter
their ashes to the winds.

Chris

London