What about Michael Dyson?

Rahul Mahajan rahul at hagar.ph.utexas.edu
Tue Feb 20 18:28:01 MST 1996

Ralph, I'd be interested to hear more from you about Michael Dyson. I heard
him speak on MLK day, and I was favorably impressed. The intellectual
content of the speech was null, of course, but he seemed on the whole like
a very sensible guy. He's the only black intellectual I've seen with the
guts to come right out and say OJ is guilty, for example. His talk about
the radical legacy of Dr. King and the complacence of the black middle
class and civil rights establishment, while not particularly deep, was
definitely the right thing to be saying on that day to that crowd. What is
he selling?

Rahul