CPUSA HISTORY

LeoCasey at aol.com LeoCasey at aol.com
Wed Feb 21 17:14:45 MST 1996

In a message dated 96-02-21 18:29:57 EST, Osa writes:

>The CPUSA and it's links to the Rosenbergs.No clear
>evidence exists to link the Rosenbergs to the CPUSA.
>here is no evidence to suggest that the CPUSA
>ever laid claim to the Rosenbergs or acknowledged them as members.

Don't be so quick here. Their sons write:
"Recent investigations have permitted us to conclude that our parents
probably were members of the American Communist Party. Even if they
weren't, their politics were so similar that they were easily identifiable as
radicals..."
{Robert and Michael Meeropol,  _We Are Your Sons: The Legacy of Ethel and
Julius Rosenberg._ p. 394.}

I once thought I knew everything there was to know about the Rosenbergs, and
similar figures in American left history. I am a lot more skeptical today.

Leo