Moderate shit-storm (fwd)

Spoon Collective spoons at jefferson.village.virginia.edu
Thu Feb 1 16:00:38 MST 1996

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 01 Feb 96 15:58:36 EST
From: Chris, London <100423.2040 at compuserve.com>
To: marxismlist a <marxism at jefferson.village.Virginia.EDU>
Cc: Bryan Alexander <bnalexan at umich.edu>, Tom Condit <tomcondit at igc.apc.org>,
    Jon <jpb8 at acpub.duke.edu>, Gary MacLennan <g.maclennan at qut.edu.au>,
    Louis Proyect <lnp3 at columbia.edu>,
    Lisa Rogers <eqwq.lrogers at email.state.ut.us>
Subject: Re: Moderate shit-storm

With apologies to Lisa, if she regards this as a private mail,
(it looks deliberately very non-private to me)
but I am not prepared myself to go another round with Jerry in
the co-mod group alone without the list knowing about it.

Or worse, wait on tenterhooks for 24 hours and then face the
possibility of another 30-40 posts copied to half a dozen people
each, another 200 communications.

This is coercion.

The attempts to insinuate public matters into private posts
and then tangle people up in the details,
I find very insidious.

If he has a personal mail to send to
Lisa, why copy it to other co-mods, and then tell them not
to respond? Let him correspond privately with any co-mod whom
he wishes to split from the rest, it they wish to receive
such private communications. I feel manipulated by this whole way of
proceding, as illustrated in this post.

So I am forwarding it to the list.

As far as I am concerned, Jerry can decide how to win friends and influence
people to his position, on the list.

I see no need for any reply except what the other 330 odd list members
may wish to comment on if they really think it is worth it.

Chris B
London.