moderation, cyber-seminars

glevy at acnet.pratt.edu glevy at acnet.pratt.edu
Fri Feb 2 19:21:11 MST 1996

Lisa Rogers wrote:

> Now, to be more than fair, perhaps I should consider the possibility
> that my intended-humor detector is on the blink tonight.  I really
> hope that it is, and that it turns out that Jerry was joking, or
> rather, ironically making some point about how anybody who yells loud
> enough can try to become the BOSS, but is bound to utterly fail, in
> these circumstances, at least.
> That would be a good point.
----------------

There was indeed an intended irony to the following statement that Lisa
has excerpted from one of my posts. However, it was not the irony that
she had envisioned (and, consequently, her "intended-humor detector" is
indeed on the "blink tonight). The following was written in response to a
post by Gary, an illustrious co-moderator, saying that there "will" be a
cyber-seminar on Cuba. My point below, not stated, was that if Gary can
say that there "will" be that cyber-seminar, then I can say that there
"WILL BE *NO*" cyber-seminar. The telltale indicating that it was
ironically intended was "THAT IS AN OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT."

Jerry