Ralph on the list

Rahul Mahajan rahul at peaches.ph.utexas.edu
Wed Feb 14 01:47:44 MST 1996

Ralph:
>Are you suggesting that I am no longer the Master Baiter?  In any
>event, managing the huge volume of mail that drives up my online
>costs is much easier now that I can delete 90% of my messages
>unread thanks to the worthless drivel that now dominates this
>list.

Austin, 1996

Dumain! thou should'st be posting at this hour;
Marxism hath need of thee; she is a fen
Of stagnant water; altar, sword, and pen,
Fireside, the heroic wealth of hall and bower,
Have forfeited their ancient Marxist dower
Of inward happiness. We are selfish men;
Oh! raise us up, return to us again;
And give us manners, virtue, freedom, power.
Thy soul was like a Star, and dwelt apart;
Thou hadst a voice whose sound was like the sea;
Pure as the naked heavens, majestic, free,
So didst thou travel on life's common way,
In cheerful ungodliness; and yet thy heart
The lowliest duties on herself did lay.

Rahul Mahajan