Materialism

Justin Schwartz jschwart at freenet.columbus.oh.us
Sun Feb 18 09:41:52 MST 1996

Hans is right that Marx's sociology, especially his theory of ideology and
historical materialism generally, is rooted in Feuerbach. You can see this
in Part I of the German Ideology. It doesn't take digging. It's right
there on the surface.

The best book on Feierbach in English in Marx Wartovsk\y's Feuerbach.

There is a nice anthology of the YH (called, The Young Hegelians) edited
by L. Stepelevich (Cambridge).

--Justin