OLAECHUCKY PUKES AGAIN

Rubyg580 at aol.com Rubyg580 at aol.com
Sat Jun 1 17:08:23 MDT 1996

In a message dated 96-06-01Adolfo writes:

>But that was not all we said. In Two Line Struggle we also warned:
(full title: "Maoism and the Two Line Struggle Within the Revolutionary
Internationalist Movement"; by Committee Sol Peru, London, Oct. 12,
1994, final section)

>"Therefore the issue (of reconstitution and rectification of the MPPS)
>should not be addressed with a mere change of * personnel.  It should
>be addressed by REPUDIATING THE POLITICAL LINE, THE
>IDEOLOGY THAT UNDERPINS BETRAYAL. This should be done
>scientifically, systematically and in an organised fashion.  It is not
>good to be content with trimming the leaves, one must go to the
>roots of the problem" (emphasis in A.O.'s post/ *in the original hard
copy, this reads *leading personnel*.)

And what is this ideology that underpins the betrayal?  It is the line
that imperialism and bureaucratic capitalism are strong and the people
are weak. The line that the People's War cannot be maintained in
present circumstances; that it must wait til the next century because
the obstacles against it are too monumental.

And how is the WMC doing on repudiating this line? Its first 2
paragraphs are statements upholding the People's War and
Chairman Gonzalo. Then one describing the imperialists' tactics
of psychological warfare and their enlistment of the help of fake
supporters. Then this paragraph:

>The present political situation, at the national and international level,
>compels all who are truly willing to lend their militant solidarity with
>the Peruvian revolutionaries, to unify our efforts under the common
>objective of <<defending the Peruvian revolution from the imperialist
>onslaught, and the activities of revisionism and opportunism.>>
(emphasis added)

Then there's three paragraphs describing the enemies of the revolution
and their various tactics, particularly the tactics used among the ranks
of the people to decieve and divert them.  Then the listing of 5 objectives
of these revisionists, opportunists and agents.

Next we have 3 paragraphs, each describing specific enemies of the
People's War posing as supporters: fake MPPs, the IEC and CoRIM;
then 2 paragraphs asserting that no genuine supporter would follow the
lead of those organizations.

Then this:

>UNITE ON THE BASIS OF UPHOLDING THE REVOLUTIONARY
>PRINCIPLES
>
>Given the ideo-political considerations above, we issue this call to
>set up and organise a WORLD WIDE MOBILISATION COMMISSION
>(WWMC) to defend the Peruvian revolution.  This organisation would
>be directed linked to the Peruvian process and will undertake the
>task of organising, guiding and promoting all activities in support of
>the Peruvian revolution abroad.  Its tasks would be geared to the
>following objectives:
>
>1.To defend the life of Chairman Gonzalo and his powerful Thought.
>2.To defend without reservations the People's War, the Communist
>   Party of Peru (PCP) and its leadership.
>3.To defend the life of the war and political prisoners.
>4.To defend Maoism as the new, third, and superior stage of Marxism,
>   within the context of Marxism-Leninism-Maoism taken as a unity in
>   development.
>5.To struggle against imperialism, revisionism and opportunism and all
>   counter-revolutionary forces.
>6.Work towards convening and implementing a WORLD CONFERENCE
>   to congregate political parties, support groups, mass organisations
>   and fronts, as well as personalities who sympathise with and
>   support the People's War in Peru.  To appoint an Organising
>   Commission to this effect.

In other words, defend, defend, defend, defend, struggle against
enemies disguised and undisguised, and convene a conference.
Where does it even mention the ideology of pessimism that
underlies betrayal, let alone repudiate and demolish it?  It can't,
because it is infused with that same pessimism, in slightly
different form.

Where does it acknowledge that the world revolution is at the
stage of STRATEGIC OFFENSIVE, as Gonzalo Thought teaches?
("DEFEND his powerful thought" but don't apply it?)  Where does
it acknowledge that the masses of people in Peru, with the powerful
leadership of the PCP have reached the stage of STRATEGIC
EQUILLIBRIUM of the People's War and are actively preparing the
STRATEGIC OFFENSIVE?  Nowhere in this Call does it even mention
these tremendously optimistic accomplishments of the masses of
people and their genuine communist leadership.

Instead, the impression is one of the poor weak PCP, surrounded not
only by the "imperialist onslaught" but, almost more dangerous, the
onslaught of the wolves in sheep's clothing, the "fake MPPs, the
CoRIM, the IEC" (what?? not MIM and RCP too??  Are Arce and
Oleachea also soft on Yankee revisionists?)  The faces are changed
a bit, but essentially, the underlying ideology is the same as that of
the "Rally to the Defense of Our Red Flag Flying in Peru" Avakian
crowd.  How can one defensive, pessimistic line defeat another?
(full text of the WMC below signature)

Gina / Detroit

WORLD MOBILISATION COMMISSION
CALL FOR MOBILISING FOR STRUGGLE

The undersigned reaffirm our most fervent support and solidarity
with the victorious People's War that the Communist Party of Peru
is leading since 1980.  We are convinced that the Peruvian
revolution is a first class contribution to the world proletarian revolution.

The armed struggle taking place in Peru is an example of true combat
against imperialism and revisionism.

And in this context, we salute the great revolutionary condition and
the fundamental role of Chairman Gonzalo, the leader of the PCP and
the revolution.

Since 1993, the Peruvian regime in cahoots with US imperialism has
intensified their misinformation campaign against the People's War,
against the PCP, and against Chairman Gonzalo.  The counter-
revolutionary objective is to isolate the Peruvian revolution and create
the conditions for their commission of barbarous crimes against the war
prisoners, and to be able to destroy entire populations in order to kill
in mass the militants and supporters of the revolution.  This is a Psycho-
social warfare strategy in which they have enlisted the support of
capitulationists, infiltrated agents and groups and personalities
disguised as "revolutionaries" and "big time Maoists".

The present political situation, at the national and international level,
compels all who are truly willing to lend their militant solidarity with the
Peruvian revolutionaries, to unify our efforts under the common objective
of defending the Peruvian revolution from the imperialist onslaught, and
the activities of revisionism and opportunism.

With this aim in mind, we submit the following document to your
consideration:

BRIEF INTRODUCTION:

The forces of imperialism, revisionism and opportunism, have, in
various occasions and using multiple strategies, attempted to destroy
and wipe out all traces of good will towards the People's War and the
Communist Party of Peru (PCP). In order to succeed, a revolutionary
process needs favourable public opinion, and concretely, it needs a
movement of support and solidarity from the revolutionary organisations
and parties, as Chairman Gonzalo has already noted.

This is one of the reasons why the enemies of the Peruvian revolution
have dedicated ample resources to the infiltration and undermining the
support movement for the Peruvian revolution.In foreign countries, a
number of individuals and organisations appear from time to time claims
themselves to be the "representatives of the PCP", and proclaiming
themselves as the "greatest Maoists on earth", while in practice they
carry out activities aimed at undermining this support while at the
same time trying to exact capitalist profits from the revolution.

These enemies of the Peruvian revolution have adopted varied
masks and draped themselves in different guises.  At times, they
perform their abject tasks in the open, and sometimes they work
underhand without showing their true face.   Here are two concrete
examples illustrating these counter-revolutionary phenomena:  The
first relates to those individuals who played a role in making
propaganda for the police fraud of "peace agreement" in 1993.
The second, relates to those who claim to "support the people's
war" and even express their opposition to the "peace letters' fraud",
but who in practice are working for the same strategic designs of
US imperialism.

Revisionists and opportunists, together with those agents directly
linked to the  Peruvian police's Secret Services, share the same
objectives:

1.   To depict the PCP as an organisation weakened by an acute
internecine and "life or death" struggle centred around "two lines"
regarding the "peace" fraud.
2.   To deny that the "peace letters" plot is a police fabrication
engineered by  the National Intelligence Service of the Peruvian state
(SIN), and supported by US intelligence experts.
3.   To depict Chairman Gonzalo as a vulgar capitulationist who,
>from inside his  cell, is leading the "peace agreement" plot.
4.    To deny and obscure the analysis and position of the Communist
Party of Peru regarding the "peace agreement" plot which was from
the word go repudiated and denounced by the Party as a counter-
revolutionary fabrication engineered by US imperialism and its lackeys.
They also try to slur over the spirited defence by the Party of Chairman
Gonzalo's revolutionary integrity.
5.    To promote the disorganisation of the international political
movement in support of the armed struggle and the PCP, and to
lead it into a quagmire.

FIGHTING OPPORTUNISM THROUGH TO THE END

A principle of Marxist theory teaches us that in order to fight imperialism
with  success and from a position of advantage, it is necessary to
distinguish clearly between enemies and friends.  That once the class
enemy is clearly identified, we must fight it through to the end.  It is true

that the capitulationists and police agents (abroad) were represented by
the heads of the Peru People's Movement (MPP), and they were fought
against and smashed without qualms. They were unable to resist the
burden of the People's War, and currently (in Peru and abroad) they
have no longer any significance in the Peruvian process, existing only
as figments of the imagination in Fujimori's plots.

On the other hand, the revisionists and opportunists were represented -
and still are - by the leadership of the International Committee of the
Revolutionary Internationalist Movement (Co-Rim), and by the heads
of the International Emergency Committee (IEC). This current, isolated
and despised by the true friends of the People's War and the PCP, are
crawling like snakes loudly hissing their "support for the people's war"
and even screaming that their "red flag is flying over Peru".  Adopting
this phoney revolutionist position, they are attempting to continue to
profit from the People's War. This is precisely what now must be
stopped.  We must not allow vulgar opportunism to continue to capitalise
and profit from the heroic struggle of the Peruvian revolutionaries.

The opportunist leadership of Co-RIM, is the main cause of immobilism
in the international movement of support for the People's War in Peru.
Since October 1993 their nefarious activities have been geared to
paralysing any show of support for the People's War and to cast doubts
upon the revolutionary condition of Chairman Gonzalo.  Both bureaucratic
organisms, the Co-RIM and the IEC, are  not in any way politically and
morally capable to call upon the masses and political organisations to
the defence of the Peruvian revolution.

No working class individual would listen to or follow the calls of an
eclectic leadership who tooka conciliatory position towards the police
fraud for over a year and a half and kept during that time secret
relations with the promoters of the police and capitulators' plot abroad,
a leadership,moreover, that took steps to pigeonhole documents of the
PCP.

No political organisation abroad can take seriously the proclamations of
the International Emergency Committee (IEC), while the bureaucracy in
charge of that organism is the same bureaucracy in charge of the Co-RIM.
No one with elementary political sense would want to offer their support
and solidarity to Chairman Gonzalo if this must pass through the IEC, an
organism in whose "leading body", three individuals who are working and
coordinating actions with the Peruvian government remain.

[...]

Brussels, 10 March, 1996
-  Peru People's Movement - Belgium
-  Sol-Peru Committee - Belgium
-  El Diario Internacional