ALL OUT TO SMASH THE KLAN IN ANN ARBOR JUNE 22! (fwd)

Paul Steven Lefrak plefr at umich.edu
Sat Jun 1 19:03:49 MDT 1996

Below is the text of the organizing flyer for the anti-KKK demo in Ann
Arbor on June 22.  The meeting held May 29 was successful in drawing in a
multiracial, mixed age group of people from both campus and community.
We're in the process of contacting groups for endorsements.  PLEASE BRING
THIS TO ATTENTION OF YOUR ORGANIZATION SO WE CAN ADD YOUR GROUP TO THE
LIST OF ENDORSERS!!  WE NEED TO MAKE THIS AS BROAD AND AS MASSIVE AS
POSSIBLE SO THAT THE KKK WILL NOT DARE SHOW THEIR FACES ON OUR STREETS!!!
Contact plefr at umich.edu for more info or with a group endorsement.

We will be meeting Wednesdays until the rally in room B-119 of MLB at U-M at
7pm.
=---=---=---=---=---=---=---=---=---=---=---=---=---=---=---=---=---=---=---=
DRIVE THE KLAN OUT OF ANN ARBOR!

No reliance on City Council, the cops, or the courts!
Build a mass anti-racist movement that takes it to the streets!

The Ku Klux Klan, avowed enemy of all oppressed and working people, say
they want to rally at Ann Arbor's City Hall on June 22.  They want to
recruit to their program of racist mass murder and terror.  Fascist
groups like the KKK and nazis are growing in this climate of social and
economic decay.  Acts of racist, anti-Semitic, homophobic, and
anti-immigrant terror have been increasing throughout this country and in
Europe.  Ignoring these fascist groups in the hope that they will go away
is a recipe for disaster.  The KKK must not get a foothold in Ann Arbor!
Join with us on June 22 to drive the Klan out of our town!

%Fight racism, anti-Semitism, homophobia and sexism!
%Build multi-ethnic, international working class solidarity!
%Defend the rights of labor!  Defend immigrant rights!

ANTI-FASCIST MARCH & RALLY:
SAT. JUNE 22 - GATHER 10:30am U-M DIAG
RALLY AT CITY HALL (Huron & 5th) 11:00am

HELP ORGANIZE THE RALLY!  TUES. MTGS. @  7pm, Rm. B-119, MLB (Wash. &Thayer)

Ann Arbor Organizing Against the Klan (A2 OAK).  Partial list of
endorsers (as of 5/31):  Active Transformation, Detroit Anti-Racist
Action, Free Mumia Coalition, Industrial Workers of the World, Jobs With
Justice/Washtenaw County, Trotskyist League.  Call 313.913.9538 for more
info.