Who's the pessimist, Gina?

Rolf Martens rolf.martens at mailbox.swipnet.se
Sun Jun 2 02:46:10 MDT 1996

Gina,

You wrote yesterday 1.6 that you're against the WMC becaus it's
"pessimistic". But it isn't. The call for the WMC signals struggle
against various phonies and enemies of the revolution, and by
stating that it will defend Marxism signals a certain break-away
>from that long-time prison to some comrades, the "RIM". This
is an important thing and IMO certainly should be supported.

In their actions in the struggles of the past weeks, who has
signalled pessimism - comrade Adolfo and his allies perhaps?
You must be joking. Haven't the comrades Adolfo, Luis G. and
thers on the contrary punched that swindler "Quispe" quite squarely
in the nose? Haven't, recently, more and more people on this list
openly declared they're on their side, on our side, in this?
Last Sunday there was a torrent of just condemnations of "Qu/Cco".

*You* are the one who's been pessimistic, Gina, first sitting on the
sideline saying practically nothing on the concrete issues and now -
I'm sorry to have to note the fact - coming openly over to the side of
the (somewhat more or somewhat less camouflaged) Trotskyites.

Comrade Luis G. yesterday thanked the openly Trotskyite scoundrel
Mr. Malignki for being attacked by him. Will you learn a lesson from
being, on the contrary and at the same time, *lauded* by this gentleman,
precisely on the issue at hand? I fear that you won't.

But then, it would be better if you were a little more open and
aboveboard, Gina. You should more clearly say what's really on your
mind, namely:

"Long live Avakian, Malignki, 'Quispe' and their ilk!". Don't forget
their "soulmates" the Gang of Four either - on the tape I already
promised to send you you'll hear the "Internationale" in the language
in which it was sung against them on the Tiananmen on 5 April 1976.

I've had the (sad) opportunity of seeing people go the way that
you're going now, many times already. I still dislike it. In
your case more than in some others, since that contact which I,
initially, got through you, around last New Year, to the Peru
Support Committee in Detroit, has been and still is an important
one to me. But then your postings started getting worse and worse,
above all by avoiding the concrete issues and hitting at people
>from "ambush" positions.

My theory about "your" particular kind of opportunists is that they
above all feel a need to be patted on the backs. They look around
to see where such patting might be coming from and find certain
forces which are good at beating the drums for themselves as
"the really strong ones" - but this "happens" to be because they
have the (more or less secret) backing of the imperialists.
To think, to take up positions that may sometimes appear
difficult and perhaps aren't supported by so many at the beginning,
that's not what your kind of persons like. But that's what's
necessary for the revolution.

Luis G. made a criticism of you yesterday; it IMO was good except for
- perhaps - one thing: He suggested you make use of your experiance
after 10 years in the "RCP". I on my part have noted several times,
here in Sweden, that those vile phoney organizations of that type are
giving people exactly the wrong "upbringing", "teaching" them to be
dishonest, etc. So I would suggest instead that you make an effort
to "throw off" those years, in certain respects at least. That is,
if you don't want to turn into a die-hard Avakian-"Quispe"-ist but
could imagine breaking with that nasty "ideological current". But
you'll not make such a break, will you? So:

May you long stay with us (alongside your present masters and allies)
as another teacher by negative example, if nothing else!

Rolf M.