Centrally-planned economy vs. WORKERS CONTROL OVER THE MEANS OF PRODUCTION

Louis N Proyect lnp3 at columbia.edu
Sun Jun 2 16:32:07 MDT 1996

Louis: There was no planning under Stalin. There was simply fiat. He
actually purged the ministry of planning when his own hand-picked
statisticians and economists came up with a initial 5-year plan that was
not aggressive enough. Central planning is absolutely necessary or else we
are doomed. The purpose of central planning is not to figure out how to
satisfy consumer demand with the sexiest automobile. It is rather to help
rationally balance the needs of humanity against nature in a ecologically
sustainable manner. I am perhaps the only "green" on the face of the
planet who is opposed to "bioregionalism" and who favors central planning
and the maximum use of technology, including computers.

I expect others to come around sooner or later.