river of drivel

Rolf Martens rolf.martens at mailbox.swipnet.se
Sun Jun 2 18:49:28 MDT 1996

>At 9:38 PM 6/2/96, Rolf Martens wrote:
>
>>*Your* attack - for such it was - absolutely came across as a
>>call for me and some others just to "shut up".
>
>Exactly.
>
>>Perhaps you just are accustomed to throw epithets like "drivel",
>>"thrash" etc around and did *not* intend, as was my definite
>>impression, to make people whose views you didn't agree with
>>"shut up"?
>
>Actually, no. It takes some provocation to get me to tell people to shut
>up; I happily disagree with thousands, but it's only a handful that move me
>to this extreme.
>
>Doug

This may well be so. The interesting question is: Why?
Theory on my part: For the bourgeoisie it's extremely
important *not* to have their arch-reactionary but quite
primitive "green" propaganda *not* attacked and exposed
by Marxists, and you sense that and thus acted on their
behalf. As I wrote elsewhere, the future will show whether
my guess was correct or not.

Rolf M.