Oz & economics was Re: France's Hot December - 2

Robert Malecki malecki at algonet.se
Wed Jun 5 00:01:46 MDT 1996

>But the problem is that most countries are attempting the same thing to
>prdouce exports and reduce imports by lowering the working class'
>consumption power.  Right????
>
>Any feed back on this would be very welcome as I am presenting a paper
>sooooon on Marxist politics.

Dear Gary,

I do not know what is going on in Australia. But i think that the general
gist of things in Europe has to do with European integration. And especially
integration of the former east block countries. This is long term. The cuts
just about every where are a long term strategy of the new situation after
the fall of the Soviet Union.

A whole new capitalist structure must be created here. And better mass
unemployment in the former west then east. Because it could lead to a
reinstallment of the Stalinists.

It is not only nostagia working here. But the fact that there are millions
of people in the former east who were in a "communist" party and would be
concious enough to fight a severe turn towards the worsening of things. The
European capitalist class are going to make absolutely sure that the
situation does not get bad enough there for a stalinist come back. At least
as long as they have nuclear missiles..

malecki in exile