Cuba and worker's commune

Louis N Proyect lnp3 at columbia.edu
Wed Jun 5 06:24:51 MDT 1996

On Wed, 5 Jun 1996, Adam Rose wrote:

> Yes, it is worth defending if attacked by the US.
> This applies to the trade boycott as much as military attacks.
>
> But even then, I would be fighting for something different to what
> the Cuban regime is fighting for, and I would advocate the use of
> different methods.

Louis: Adam, you gave the Russian revolution analysis a thousand words.
While Cuba is a much smaller country and in a different hemisphere, it
still deserves some serious analysis. Until you are prepared to do so, why
not lay off the facile remarks. How do you know what the "Cuban regime is
fighting for". I would guess that you have never read a single speech or
article by Fidel Castro or Che Guevara in your life, so don't go making
generalizing statements like this.