Estimate: How many deaths is Stalin responisble for? And Fidel

EIRC Lab patron eirc_lab at your.address.here
Wed Jun 5 18:57:36 MDT 1996

--------------340F388A594F

Comradely Greetings from Wei En Lin,

I ask this as a serious question.  Especially the second part.  Does
anyone know how many deaths Castro is accused of?  By his harshest
opponents; by his marxist supporters;  by his marxist-leninist
supporters;  by his liberal US supporters;  by Stalinists?  by
Trotskyists?  By De Leonists?  By Communist Party of Peru and/or Sendero
Luminoso supporters?

When Castro was in the US, he was asked in an interview why the Soviet CP
had collapesed while Cuban communism had not. He replied, what most
people forget is that we did not commit atrocities.  Our history is not
Russia's.

Is this the central difference between Castro's communism and Stalinism?
Perhaps it is.  I would like comments on this, and answers to the
question:  how do we find a reasonable objective estimate on the numbers
of people killed by Castro and Stalin?  This is an important ideological
point for all supporters of the Stalinistic model.

Sincere Greetings,

WEI EN LIN

--------------340F388A594F