Bolshevism vs Menshevism?

Louis N Proyect lnp3 at columbia.edu
Thu Jun 6 09:32:15 MDT 1996

On Thu, 6 Jun 1996, Adam Rose wrote:

> > The party-building methodology of the Comintern was problematic to begin
> > with.
>
> The early years of the Commintern are one of the most fruitful sources
> of lessons on strategy and tactics : ultra leftism, the united front,
> national question, soviet power vs parliament, etc.

Louis: I am not talking about strategy and tactics. I am talking about the
heritage of a highly schematic understanding of "democratic centralism" or
the Bolshevik party-building model. I may take the time to re-visit some
of the writings of early Communists like James P. Cannon to shed light
exactly on how this misunderstanding arose. Needless to say, it hobbles
all of the "vanguardist" outfits who lay claim to be the only rightful
heir of the Comintern.