Debating Karl: a waste of time

Louis N Proyect lnp3 at columbia.edu
Fri Jun 7 04:31:01 MDT 1996

On Thu, 6 Jun 1996, Karl Carlile wrote:

> I say this to you oh Holy One who was a veteran in Vietnam and an
>  experienced revolutionary in Nicaragua...and a lot of other things as well
>  I'm sure while we unworhty mortals were just lay abouts talking and doin nothin.

Louis: Look, Karl, give me a break and write your own analysis of the
origins and methodology of the Bolshevik Party. If you put half as much
intellectual energy into it as this jeremiad against me, I'm sure it will
be something to behold. By the way, I am not Vietnam veteran. With respect
to Nicaragua, all I did was recruit computer programmers to volunteer with
the Sandinsta government. I have made it clear that this was the extent
of my activities. If you have drawn such startingly different conclusions
about my record, no wonder you can't make heads nor tails about my views
on Lenin.

Yours truly,

Louis Proyect, opportunist of the century (no, make that the millenium)