An expert on Nicaragua?

Louis N Proyect lnp3 at columbia.edu
Fri Jun 7 08:48:41 MDT 1996

Me Culpa. I should have let the good Mike Gonzales speak for himself, "In
1979, 343,000 people were employed in agriculture, 90,000 in industry,
228,000 in commerce and service industries, and 231,000 (28 percent of the
economically active population) were unemployed. Of these, only 4 percent
were unionised (around 16,000 workers in all) and the bulk of these were
in towns. The working class, then, was tiny ans consisted overwhelmingly
of workers in craft industries or small workshops."