labor party convention

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Jun 7 11:30:22 MDT 1996

At 9:48 PM 6/6/96, Walter Daum wrote:

>Just got a brief report from the Labor Party Advocates convention in
>Cleveland to found a labor party: two of the invited speakers will be
>Jerry Brown and Jim Hightower, Democratic Party politicians both.

For what it's worth, at a lunch gabfest at the Nation's offices recently,
Jerry Brown announced that he no longer considers himself a Dem. When he
moved from SF to Oakland, for the first time in his life, he registered as
an independent. He was quite vicious about the party, which upset quite a
few people around the table. From my point of view, it was a fine
performance (though I'm certainly no fan of JB's).

Doug

--

Doug Henwood
Left Business Observer