DOMA

Jennifer Kuhlman bigbutt at juno.com
Wed Jun 12 23:19:32 MDT 1996

On Wed, 12 Jun 1996 19:06:26 -0500 dhenwood at panix.com (Doug Henwood)
writes:
>At 6:25 PM 6/12/96, Jennifer Kuhlman wrote
>
>:>>Maybe America isn't quite as bad as it often seems...

>>How does this poll indicate that America isn't quite as bad?
>
>Because from consuming the media you'd think public opinion was far
>more
>heavily & enthusiastically in favor of banning same-sex marriage. In
>the
>wake of such numbers, fears of incipient moral fascism seem overblown.
>
>Doug
>
>--
>
>Doug Henwood
>Left Business Observer
>250 W 85 St
>New York NY 10024-3217
>USA
>+1-212-874-4020 voice
>+1-212-874-3137 fax
>email: <dhenwood at panix.com>
>web: <http://www.panix.com/~dhenwood/LBO_home.html>

I do not know to which media you refer.  My experience has always been
that most people were indifferent.  While there have been some reaction
to Hawaii's legislation that is entirely understandable until the public
is educated.  But it does not necessarially follow that the public or the
media is against or for this trend.