some thoughts on the Zapatistas

Louis N Proyect lnp3 at columbia.edu
Thu Jun 13 10:08:00 MDT 1996

I was under the distinct impression that the EZLN had focused on the
problems of Chiapas and had never projected itself as the leadership of
the entire Mexican working-class and peasantry. Also, could you actually
cite an example of their "dismissing" bread and butter issues of the urban
working-class, or is it a matter of them simply not addressing them?