Communism's name

Rahul Mahajan rahul at peaches.ph.utexas.edu
Sun Jun 16 13:44:16 MDT 1996

>At 2:32 PM 6/16/96, Paul Gallagher wrote:
>
>>That reminds me of a question: Why do so many leftists end up on the
>>right?
>
>Because both sides hate the middle?
>
>Doug

1. Most of them were Stalinists/Trotskyists/Maoists, and so the cant,
hypocrisy, and willingness to justify some atrocities and pretend that
others didn't happen that are necessary to be a rightist were already
second nature to them.

2. Some of them were sick of the cant, hypocrisy, and willingness to
justify some atrocities and pretend that others didn't happen. Most of
these just abandoned leftism, not actually becoming rightists.

Rahul