labour aristocracy

Rahul Mahajan rahul at peaches.ph.utexas.edu
Wed Jun 19 14:24:03 MDT 1996

>Ray, if you have a job that allows you to buy a new car every
>three years, please let me know when y'all are hiring!
>
>-- Matt D.
>
>P.S.  Maybe you can send one of your "old" cars my way?

As I understand it, Matt, the definition of "worker" that many communist
parties in the US hold includes university professors, for example, some of
whom can buy themselves a new BMW every year without sweating. In the
Chicago suburbs, teachers in the public school systems who have been there
awhile may make $75,000 a year or more, as do some members of the UAW with
enough seniority, if I'm not mistaken. Sounds like enough for some serious
drivin' to me.

Rahul