labour aristocracy

Louis R Godena louisgodena at ids.net
Wed Jun 19 19:44:57 MDT 1996

Jon Flanders writes:

>   Of course, most US workers are aristocrats in the sense that we drive cars
>at all. And it will take a few more years of high mileage driving to wake up
>the class to their comradeship with workers of the third world.

Louis Godena:
                                         I am not sure what you mean exactly
by  "high mileage driving"  but I fail to see how  "a few more years" one
way or another is going to change our notions of class solidarity with our
comrades around the world, or even next door.    That, I am afraid, is going
to require a lot more work on the part of all of us than just getting behind
the wheel.