Weekly Standard

Gary MacLennan g.maclennan at qut.edu.au
Wed Jun 19 23:04:01 MDT 1996

At 04:28 PM 6/19/96 -0400, Louis G. wrote:
>, upon opening my mailbox, I discovered a snazzy four color
>advertisement announcing FINALLY, A BOLD NEW WEEKLY CONSERVATIVE MAGAZINE
>FROM WASHINGTON FOR EVERYONE WHO'S SERIOUS ABOUT THWARTING THE MAINSTREAM
>LIBERAL PRESS AND GETTING THE TRUTH OUT!    Inside was a postage paid reply
>card attached to a brief resume (with full color portraits) of each of the
>worthies associated with this new venture:
>
>There's Bill Kristol
>
>Fred Barnes
>
>John Podheretz  P.J.
>O'Rourke, Charles Krauthammer, David
>Brooks,  Andrew Ferguson,

Interesting Louis.

What especially annoys me is that they claim to be brave and courageous
opponents of the "liberal establishment".  I suppose the task of kissing the
asses of Murdoch and co must be a trifle wearing on the soul.  Much better
to promote oneself as a daring crusader (for the interests of capital). A
pox upon them all.

I will keep my eye out for their stuff.  No doubt it will all be syndicated
here in the Australian Murdoch Press.

regards

Gary