State capitalism?

Louis N Proyect lnp3 at columbia.edu
Thu Jun 20 11:31:55 MDT 1996

On Thu, 20 Jun 1996, Jorn Andersen wrote:

> Sure there where strikes, there were riots in the countryside, there was
> widespread hatred of the Batista regime, but never to the extent that these
> struggles built up organs of class power. Very unlike the mass movement that
> got rid of dictator Machado in Cuba in 1933-35. And the eventual defeat of
> which paved the way for Batista.

Louis: Ho-hum. More paraphrasing from SWP pamphlets. At least you could
give the proper citation from Mike Gonzalez's work when you do this. When
I get around to the question of the relationship of the Cuban
revolutionary movement to the Cuban working-class, I'll explain all this
to you in a proper fashion. Have patience, lad.