State capitalism?

Louis N Proyect lnp3 at columbia.edu
Fri Jun 21 06:16:51 MDT 1996

On Thu, 20 Jun 1996, Adam Rose wrote:

> The question I have for you is : is this a quantitave thing ? Is the
> difference between Cuba + the others a question of the relative proportion of
> state / private ownership  ?
>
> If it isn't a quantitative thing, well, what is it ?

Louis: This weekend I am trying to put together an analysis of Algeria
based on my current readings. When this is done, I will move on to Cuba.
My analysis of Cuba will be based on books written by James O'Connor,
Huberman and Sweezy, Ed Boorstine and Arthur MacEwan. In the meantime,
don't expect me to answer the kinds of questions you raise above. Unless I
can answer things in a deliberate and thorough manner, I prefer to remain
silent. Unless, of course, it's a reply to Robert Malecki who will always
be first on line for a figurative pie in the face from me.