Louis whines on

Louis N Proyect lnp3 at columbia.edu
Sat Jun 22 14:57:41 MDT 1996

On Sat, 22 Jun 1996, Rahul Mahajan wrote:

> There's something people may be missing here. Some person or maybe persons
> with aol.com addresses have been yanking us around. First the foul-mouthed

Louis: This reminds me of something I wanted to bring up. This list is
badly in need of moderation. Not censorship. Moderation. I think that
Chris B., Louis Godena and Zeynep would be good candidates.

There are a couple of reasons this would be valuable. For one thing rapid
and appropriate attention could be focused on intruders rather than having
a whole number of people taking it upon themselves.

I am wondering, by the way, that it might make sense to automatically
throw anybody off the list who uses an anonymous AOL account. Or maybe, if
they don't want to use their real name, then require that a moderator
contact them by phone just to weed out the cranks.

Also, I think that most of us realize that Robert Malecki is a real
nuisance. People with some kind of moral authority should be able to
get this blithering idiot to exercize a little self-discipline. The last
time I saw somebody on this list who posted so frequently without actually
being in a dialog, let alone a debate with someone, was the unfortunate
Jim Jawezcki.