Mexico City May Day 1997

Jeffrey Booth booth2 at husc.harvard.edu
Mon Jun 24 15:07:24 MDT 1996

Jon,

	How to get the ball rolling... good question.  I guess the first
thing to do is to start raising the idea and see what people think.  I
will see what people think about it in my union, in the Labor Party
chapter I'm in and in Labor Militant.
	I will also raise it with people I know in the three unions listed
below.  The Teamsters might be a good place to start:  they just
sponsored a solidarity rally here in Boston for the Brazilian community
on the day before the General Strike in Brazil.  However, the Teamsters
are also pre-occupied with their Presidential election.
	Also, I could get in touch with F.A.T. rep.s in various ways.
	Have U.S. trade unionists ever visited Mexico en masse before?
	What is the World Trade union conference in Cuba and who organized it?

				In Solidarity,
						Jeff Booth