Concern is for liberals.

Louis N Proyect lnp3 at columbia.edu
Tue Jun 25 06:03:59 MDT 1996

On Tue, 25 Jun 1996, Hugh Rodwell wrote:

> To repeat a point I've made before. Why do so many Americans on the list
> think that Robert's great concern with ghetto kids and the Vietnam war
> makes him into a candidate for the valley of the dinosaurs?

Louis: "Concern" is for liberals. Nobody objects to this. What people
object to is his never-ending posturing as the last Bolshevik on earth. If
Malecki spent two weeks or so just pretending like he was an ordinary
mortal like the rest of us, a lot of the tension would disappear. This
list is not quite like the public commons. If Malecki (or you, for the
matter) were passing out leaflets to the passing crowd, I would take one,
read it and then throw it a garbage can. But to listen day in and day out
to the both of you reading the rest of us out of the revolutionary
movement raises my temperature to a very high degree.

Why not declare a moratorium on labelling people as "opportunists",
"Mensheviks", "reformists"? Make your political points in a substantive
manner and not categorize people's thoughts in a totalizing manner. This
is what would cool temperatures above all.