Deportations and Democratic Rights

Jon Flanders 72763.2240 at compuserve.com
Wed Jun 26 21:27:30 MDT 1996

 >> One cannot be in favour of all exiles in general <<Adolpho O.

 Jon Flanders:

  Correction taken, my statement was too general. I would ask you this though
Adolpho, couldn't all you Maoist's(in the most general sense), at least agree
on defending those in exile who are being menaced by right-wing regimes?

  For the life of me, I can't see why you, Chris B and Gina can't seem to do
this. You all appear to me, someone outside your political tradition granted,
to be sincere people who want to make a contribution to the battle against
imperialism. Carry on the debate over tactics and strategy forever if you
want. But find a way to work together on the basic democratic rights of
imperialism's victims. Your post to me seems to indicate that that might
happen.

  As I have noted before on this list, I worked shoulder to shoulder with
Maoists in a union struggle. I became quite friendly with them, and
appreciated their revolutionary zeal. At the same time, I thought they often
stumbled needlessly over simple tactical questions, and suffered unecessary
losses as a result.

 Of course, in the bourgeois-democratic USA, these losses didn't carry the
penalties they do elsewhere.

  Just some thoughts, for what they are worth.

 Best, Jon Flanders

  E-mail from: Jonathan E. Flanders, 26-Jun-1996