History of Trotskyism

Louis N Proyect lnp3 at columbia.edu
Thu Jun 27 06:34:06 MDT 1996

On Thu, 27 Jun 1996, Gary MacLennan wrote:

> There was another Trotskyist grouping in Australia, then the SWP run by the
> Percy Brothers, Jim (now deceased) and John. Both the Communist League and
> the SWP were linked to the Fourth International.  Then in 1975,  Mandel and

Louis: Jim Percy stayed at my house in NY back in the early 1980s. This
was around the time I was working with Peter Camejo, an ex-SWPer, to build
a nonsectarian left movement. Peter and the Percys had a falling out with
Barnes because they both were moving away from ultrasectarianism.

Peter and I kept evolving further and further away from James P. Cannon's
party-building model, while the Percy's never fully cut the ties. John was
on this mailing list for a period of time but unsubscribed when the PCP
wars were most intense. He asked me to let him know when things had cooled
off a bit. I might invite him back. Of course, I will warn him to delete
all of Malecki's shit unread.