The working class - services & surplus value

Louis N Proyect lnp3 at columbia.edu
Wed May 1 12:55:25 MDT 1996

On Wed, 1 May 1996, Robert Malecki wrote:

> I think Lenin,s position on lets say bank clerks was good one. Take the
> banks over and together with the soviets put them into the service of the
> proletarit..

Corrected version:

> I think Lenin's position on--let's say--bank clerks was a good one: Take
> the banks over and together with the soviets put them into the service
> of the proletariat..

Louis: Malecki, Malcolm X came from much lower depths than you ever did but
made a point of learning grammar and vocabulary when he was behind bars. He did
this in order to create an impression that he was a serious revolutionary
rather than a scribbler like you are. That is that on the style question.

Now on the content question. The next time that you say something like
"the soviets put them into the service of the proletariat" or some other
self-evident but bombastic phrase, I am going to take the next plane over to
Sweden, look you up, and throw a custard pie in your face.