PCP Official Position on "Peace Accords"

Luis Quispe lquispe at blythe.org
Fri May 3 18:46:59 MDT 1996

                   COMMUNIST PARTY OF PERU

 PEACE ACCORDS: REACTIONARY, LIQUIDATIONIST AND DIVISIVE SLANDER

"As we see in the world. Maoism is marching unstoppable to lead
the new wave of world proletarian revolution. Listen well and
understand. Those who have ears. Use them! Those who have
understanding -and we all have it- use it! Enough of this
nonsense. Enough of these obscurities. Let us understand this.
What is unfolding in the world? What do we need? We need Maoism
to be incarnated and it is being ingrained and this generates
communist parties to manage, to lead this new wave of the world
proletarian revolution that is coming.  Everything they told us.
The empty and ...chatter of the famous "new age of peace." Where
is it know? what about Yugoslavia? What about other places?
Everything become depoliticized, that is a lie!"

Chairman Gonzalo, Luminous Trench of Combat. September 24, 1992
Leader of the Party and the revolution, continuer of Marx, Lenin
and Chairman Mao Tse-Tung.

It is of unavoidable necessity to first conduct a detailed and
objective investigation of recent events, including their
particularities, to determine whether the persons were involved
on a voluntary or involuntary basis so as to lead to the correct
explanation and interpretation of the facts. In dark and
confusing circumstances the end results of these events would be
against the interest of the people and working class and though
in need of truth, they favor the wrong interpretation with the
consequent embrace of revisionism and reformism. A correct
analysis of the class struggle and its contradictions show that
the bourgeoisie has always found the means and methods to
maintain its exploitation of the rural and urban working class.
One of the successful methods which has benefited them most has
been class conciliation, especially in critical moments of the
revolution. For this they use its institutions in a variety of
forms and methods ("politics of pacification", or "national
pacification.") To find out the truth of the events we must study
and practice the transformational laws of society by applying
Marxism-Leninism-Maoism: dialectical materialism, which when
applied to events in society becomes historical materialism. As
Maoists -in this 100th anniversary celebration- we should raise
high and practice the thesis of Chairman Mao Tse-Tung: "Where do
the correct ideas come from?" We should also cite the great Lenin
when he said: "People have always been the victims of self-deceit
and fraud, and will continue to be until they learn to analyze
what is behind each word or moral religious, social and political
promise; until they learn to verify the facts and the class
interests behind them ..." (Materialism and Empiriocriticism.)
Based on the above and applying correctly our ideology, we should
be able to analyze the course of events before and after the
capture of Chairman Gonzalo in order to understand the sinister
intentions and objectives of the genocidal government through
their henchmen of the National Intelligence Service (SIN), the
fundamental components of the government's counterinsurgency; the
interview with Fujimori in La Republica ("Psychological
Pressure"); and carefully analyze the presentation of the
"letters," There is no correlation in the three original pages of
the second letter. This suggests the falsehood and non-authorship
of such letter by Chairman Gonzalo. Keep in mind that this
dubious letter is the foundation of reaction's castle of cards,
beginning with the interpretation of the apocryphal document
"Struggle for a Peace Accord..." developed by deceived,
threatened, and co-opted "comrades" in the prison of Yanamayo-
Puno (victims of self-deceit and fraud.) The contents of that
document are in total contradiction with the speech made by
president Gonzalo on September 24, 1992, and in contrast with the
ideological and political structure of the Party, especially when
the Chairman refers to dialogue: "Dialogue simply aims to slow
and undermines people's war, in our case it means a complete,
absolute surrender..." (Interview with Chairman Gonzalo, p. 61.)
Hence, we should pay special attention to the analysis of the
events in light of our ideology Marxism-Leninism-Maoism, Gonzalo
Thought. It is also timely to cite Chairman Mao when he said:
"Those who dot not investigate, have no right to speak."

The political and ideological strength of the PCP has been
demonstrated in the October 7th, 1993 Declaration by the Central
Committee, the Declaration was issued by the PCP in commemoration
of the Anniversary of the Party and was legitimized by the
military offensive that continue to rock the entire country. That
is the best argument to crush the slander of the government that
sought to discredit the ideas and leadership of Chairman Gonzalo.

Does the necessity for holding talks exist in our country? No.
There is no basis for such talks, especially with that relentless
submits the people to hunger and misery. Who then has the need
and initiative for a peace accord? Wouldn't be this the genocidal
government? That is why their huge propaganda about the "politics
of pacification." They need "peace" in the country to modernize
and deepen their politics of hunger and submission to
imperialism, applying strong tax pressures and a bitter economic
recession. They need peace to give the monopolies the conditions
to loot and ransack our nation's riches and thus consolidate
their dependant, semi-colonial relationship with imperialism.
They need to contain and suffocate the widespread protest and
class struggle. The key for to achieve all this is class
conciliation.

The government seeks the application of its pacification mainly
to strangle the people's war, annihilating the people's guerrilla
army, discrediting the PCP, splitting and stripping the
proletariat and the people of their all-powerful ideology,
Marxism-Leninism-Maoism, Gonzalo Thought.  Here are the real
reasons and objectives of the counter-revolutionary,
liquidationist, and divisive slander of the reactionaries, shaped
by agents of army intelligence (S. Luza, Jorge Sosa M., Francisco
Merino.) led by SIN. This reactionary plan was initially designed
by the previous government and is being implemented by the
current murderous regime.

There exist enough evidence to show and understand why the
reactionaries have allowed certain "comrades" to be transferred
by the prison authorities and government from Yanamayo-Puno to
Cantogrande and Chorrillos-Lima to try to convince all the
prisoners (are these gestures of good will,? a mere coincidence?)
or as some "pacifists" say -"a product of diplomatic
negotiations.") In Yanamayo, the reactionaries have permitted the
elaboration, distribution and discussion of the text "Struggle
for a Peace Accord" and have carried out to completion their
reactionary maneuver to bring afloat their aborted "peace." And
thus, the reactionaries have used whatever means, cost and human
resources they can muster, all of these accompanied by a massive
propaganda by the media that suddenly joined the "Struggle for a
Peace Accord." The objective: DIVIDE AND RULE (divide e impera.)
How did the reactionaries bring this about? This is simple to
explain if we apply ideology to the interpretation of events, and
those who don't, will fall into superficial and subjective
judgments without being interested in how and where the sources
come from and whose class interests they serve. After many years
of development of the people's war the reactionaries have not
been able to liquidate the Party, politically, morally and
ideologically. They have unleashed repression against the
combatants, tortures, disappearances, massacres against the
peasants masses which they cynically blame on the Party (never
realizing that blood can not drown the revolution, it eaters it.)
For years they have spread tales of conflicts within the Party,
splits, confrontations between "political leaders and military
leaders," plots against the Central Committee and Chairman
Gonzalo, his health, and periodically rumors of his death, etc.
None of these have inflicted the slightest scratch on the morale
of the Party, isolate the mid-level leaders, hurt morale and
creates intrigues, foment ideological and political deviations
that would lead to splits. After the capture of Chairman Gonzalo,
the reactionaries headed by SIN,, have proposed and convinced
Fujimori's government to carry out the maneuver of involving
Chairman Gonzalo in their fable of "peace accords" and cunningly
presenting him in vide. This in despite of the enormous doubts
with respect to the second letter, whose original version
consists of three pages, according to Caretas No. 1282 (October
14, p. 17): : "...The videos show the evidence that the letter
was written more than once. The worse is what happened to page 2
which is obviously inconsistent  with pages 1 and 3.  The
beginning of page 2 repeats the las phrase of page 1, and at the
end of page 2 are some missing lines and words. One possibility
is that several versions of the letters of the letter were
prepared, and finally the jailors (SIN) decided to match page 2
of one version with pages 1 and 3 of another version. That is
precisely why the video presented by Fujimori last Saturday was
edited. Only some fragments of the second letter were
transmitted."

In Defense of the Ideas and Leadership of Chairman Gonzalo!

Before these obvious proofs of intentional manipulation by the
reactionaries, can we submit to them? Can we transform and build
an ideological and political structure totally foreign to the
interests of the revolution? We are faced with two situations: 1)
the letters triumphantly presented by the genocidal Fujimori and
a handful of subjective and superficial "comrades," where nothing
is clear, and  2) the September 1992 revolutionary speech of
Chairman Gonzalo.

It is clear that the directives of Chairman Gonzalo of September
24, 1992 are the correct ideological and political guidelines for
the Party, in the Marxist analysis of the international and
national situation, where he clearly stated: "...As we see in the
world, Maoism is marching unstoppably to lead the new wave of
world proletarian revolution. Listen well and understand. Those
who have ears, use them. Those who have understanding -and we all
have it- use it! Enough of this nonsense. Enough of these
obscurities. Let us understand this. What is unfolding in the
world? What do we need? We need Maoism to be incarnated and it is
being incarnated and that this generate communist parties to
manage, to lead this new great wave of the world proletarian
revolution that is coming..." Can we ignore this masterful
analysis made by Chairman Gonzalo about the international
situation? Or when he clarified the directives to be implemented:
"...We should continue the task established by the III Plenum of
the Central Committee. A glorious Plenum. You should know that
these accords are already being implemented and will be
continued. We shall continue applying the IV Plan of Strategic
Development of the People's War to Conquer Power, we shall
continue developing the VI Military Plan to Build the Conquest of
Power, that will continue, that is our task. We shall carry it
out because of what we are and because of the obligation we have
with the proletariat and the people..." These positions of
Chairman Gonzalo are organically correct, politically necessary
and concretely applicable and have been carried out in full by
the Central Committee. Can there be any doubts about these
directives of Chairman Gonzalo? Still some people talk of
"subjection" or even worse distort the meaning of, "learning from
Chairman Gonzalo." What have they learned? They have learned to
abandon reason, to forget ideology - even worse than not applying
it - they do not recognize the sharp edge of class struggle and
of Marxism. Finally, what is the order from the leader of the
Party and the revolution? "This is what I want: AND TO COMPLETE
THE TASK WELL!"

"... Listen well and understand. Those who have ears, use them.
Those who have understanding - and we all have it - use it!
Enough of this nonsense. Enough of these obscurities!..."

                       Chairman Gonzalo

Communist Party of Peru
Northern Regional Committee, Peru, March 1994.