Zodiac: GET A CLUE! revisited

Rubyg580 at aol.com Rubyg580 at aol.com
Wed May 8 15:51:59 MDT 1996

Look Ken, maybe you are exactly what you claim to be.  But my point
in GET A CLUE is that what you face and what others in the world face
are two immensely different things.

Have you ever helped a friend move in the middle of the night because
the FBI came knocking looking for them?  Have you ever known someone
who had to climb out the back window, jump the back fence, run to a
relative's house and be driven to the airport without even a change of
clothes,
to get out of the country because the soldiers were knocking on his front
door?  Have you ever faced torture, rape, imprisonment on suspicion,
disappearances of loved ones, their bodies later turning up in a ditch with
signs of torture?

Don't expect people who know these things first hand to automatically
extend trust to you just because you approach them in a friendly manner
and claim the loftiest purposes. Yes, trust is important but it has to be
earned.  It is not earned by plying question after question.  It is not
earned
by throwing your own hissy fit when the questions are denied answers;
it is DEFINITELY not earned by posting "humorous"allegations of criminal
activity and pornography.

I also notice you chose not to refer to the sections of my original post
where I raise similar questions, but you concentrate on those that offend
your sense of fairness and your own legitimacy.  That's why I still have
to say, get a clue.  The world is not so clean and simple as you seem to
think where the worst offense is for your private e-mail to be made public
(when it wasn't even revealing any personal info about you, so what's the
problem?)or you may get fired.  People lose their LIVES based on answers
to prying questions, and you need to understand that.

You don't seem to grasp that even supporting revolution for many people
is not just a risk of losing a job or having one's e-mail made public, it is
an
issue of life and death, and of the future of the world.

This is the part of the original post you didn't respond to:

>Your "humorous satire" pretending to link the New Flag with illegal
>activities is about as funny as a pig throw-down gun, or a Rodney
>King video.    GET A CLUE!
>
>If your publication is so damn radical, how come you act oblivious
>to INS raids, deportations and death squads?  Do the names
>Sacco and Vanzetti mean nothing to you?  How about Big Bill
>Haywood?  Fred Hampton? Leonard Peltier? Geronimo Pratt?
>Mumia Abu-Jamal?  "War on Drugs"?  COINTELPRO?  What kind
>of "radical journalist"is so unaware of the reprecussions of prying
>questions and "humorous" allegations?  (and I'm not just talking
>about job loss).    GET A CLUE!
>
> Start acting like people's lives are in the balance
>in questions of People's War and revolution. ...

I admit that the tone may be a bit too harsh, but the realities of life are
harsh, and you seem at best oblivious to these realities. If your publication

is distributed in Windsor, can you let me know wher ?  I'd like to check it
out.

Gina/ Detroit