Cleveland labor: 'All-out to beat Republicans!'

Gary MacLennan g.maclennan at qut.edu.au
Thu May 9 22:25:03 MDT 1996

At 09:24 PM 5/9/96 -0400, charlotte wrote:

>**Cleveland labor: 'All-out to beat Republicans!'**
>>A new video was shown that features the story of last year's
>lockout of United Steelworkers of America Local 1375 by
>Warren Consolidated Industries in Warren, Ohio and Communist
>Party Chairman Gus Hall's visit there last summer. Hall
>played a key role in organizing the local in 1937 and was
>invited by the union to address its June membership meeting.
>
>Following the video, Local 1375 President Dennis Brubaker
>told the story of the successful fight the union had waged
>against a "military-style" attempt to break the local. He
>stressed the importance of the preparations the union had
>made before the contract expired, including having Hall
>speak.

Charlotte,

Many thanks for these posts.   They are read and circulated with interest
here in Brisbane.

Is it possible for you to supply more information about the video. Title?
Date? Producer/Director? Where one can get a copy?  My thesis covers Labor
docos, and I am very interested in their use by Trade Unions.

Greetings

Gary