International or Internet

Chris, London 100423.2040 at compuserve.com
Sat May 11 02:17:19 MDT 1996

Thanks Hugh, for trying to give a positive answer to my provocative
suggestion that this medium is inherently Menshevik.

I accept your reply is relevant for a network, more so pehaps than
Lenin's model could be with the communications available at the
beginning of the century.

I accept that a network could work for consensus  about the
most important theoretical principles, even if for some individuals they
might be fuzzy round the edges.

I also accept of course that networks can be robust on a long term
basis in a way that blocks of granite,
or people who name themselves after metals like steel, cannot.

Thanks for coming back on this.

Chris