NATO!

Brian Carnell briand at carnell.com
Sat May 11 21:59:56 MDT 1996

On Sat, 11 May 1996 19:02:07 +0200 (MET DST), malecki at algonet.se
(Robert Malecki) wrote:

>Hi list.
>
>For some reason this NATO stuff is really bothering me. The whole movement
>to extend NATO in east europe is naturally to get a military handle on the
>former Soviet union.
>
>But, what i was thinging is why isn,t there a peace movement around this
>stuff. It must be in the interests of the working class that stopping such a
>development is fairly important..Just wondering.

Are you talking about a peace movement in the former Soviet Union or
in Europe?  I'd imagine there are so many other conflicts occurring
now, that this NATO expansion is simply getting slipped in while
people are distracted and looking at other things.  Many people
probably think NATO is irrelevant now that the Cold War seems over for
good, but of course it's global expansion could be disastrous.

Brian Carnell                   http://www.net-link.net/~briand/
briand at carnell.com