REPORT BY THE PCP CENTRAL COMMITTEE (I)

Luis Quispe lquispe at blythe.org
Sat May 11 23:28:36 MDT 1996

           REPORT BY THE PCP CENTRAL COMMITTEE
                      Part 1 of 2

Reaffirm Our Party Basis of Unity and Build the Conquest of Power

           QUOTATIONS ON AND FROM PRESIDENT GONZALO

1. "But, furthermore, and this is the basis of every headquarters,
revolutions give rise to a thinking that guides them, a result of the
application of the universal ideology of the international proletariat to
the concrete conditions of each revolution, a guiding thought that is
indispensable to achieve victory and conquer power, and, even more, to
continue the revolution and always keep it on course to the only great
goal, Communism, a guiding thought that once it takes a qualitative
leap of decisive importance for the revolutionary process it leads,
becomes identified with the name of the person who worked it out in
theory and practice. In our situation, this phenomenon took the specific
form, first of guiding thought, then of the guiding thought of President
Gonzalo, and later as Gonzalo Thought, because it is the President who
by creatively applying Marxism-Leninism-Maoism to the concrete
conditions of Peruvian reality gave rise to it, thus supplying the Party
and the revolution with an indispensable arm that guarantees victory."

[First Party Congress, "On Gonzalo Thought", pg. 3]

2. "We have held the First Congress of the Commnunist Party of
Peru... a Marxist Congress, a Congress of Marxisrn- Leninism-
Maoism, Gonzalo Thought. This Congress... for the prospective seizure
of power. I reiterate prospective." ["Interview with President Gonzalo",
p 35.]

3. "Finally, see that we could not carry forward everything the Party is
leading without the guiding of Marxism-Leninism-Maoism, Gonzalo
Thought, which is our ideology and the starting point of the Party's
Basis of Unity. We should reaffinn it today more than ever, because it
is under attack, it's the object of calumnies, it's being negated; we
should maintain the absolute conviction that it is all-powerfull because
it is true, that is the reality, but simply, but it is as solid as a rock,
after all, all that idealist word-play will fade away and what will remain
will be incontrovertible facts. True, we are going through hard times,
but it is incontrovertible that the main trend of history is revolution,
and it will win out, Communism will win out and shine all over the
world."

[Preparatory Session for the II Plenum of the Central Committee, pg.
2]

4. "...It's time to think deeply, since the Party's struggle, by which we
mean the People's War it is leading, has never stopped for even a
moment, the party is never paralyzed, because it is clear on the road to
follow, because it is united around the headquarter of President
Gonzalo, the Party Basis of Unity, the People's War, the Strategic
Development Plan.

Once again strategic centralization and tactical decentralization is being
given expression, we have plans made up of campaigns, and this
continues. A Party united by such elements is strong. We emphasize
strategic centralization and tactical decentralization because that's a
Communist practice, and our concrete experience. Always keep in mind
the glorious toil of eleven years of People's War, the People's War
cannot be halted. We should even see it this way: The leadership could
disappear, in part, not all of it, but the leaders who remain should and
can continue the plans, the struggle, the People's War; we are steeled
in the understanding that the revolution cannot be stopped, cannot be
paralyzed. Chairman Mao taught us: "We gather our dead, treat our
wounded, and continue fighting."

["Build the Seizure of Power Amidst People's War", II Plenum.]

5. "We have not yet experienced a big defeat, so that these minor
particular circumstances, this new phase in the war and this sinister
converging attack are part of the more complicated circumstances we
have to undergo until Communism shines on the Earth. They are part
of the unevennes and are testing our responsibility, as Communists; the
Party is showing that it can give rise to a leadership that corresponds to
our reality, to our necessity; we are sufficiently steeled, the risks do
not frighten us nor does the danger stop us: this moment is just one
more trial -let it be welcome! It is part of the revolutionary process and
we are handling it well, as another step in our becoming steeled. The
life of communists is struggle, not pleasure. Once, when Marx's
daughter asked, what is happiness?, he answered, struggle. Years later
Chairman Mao taught that to work is to struggle. We hold tight to all
of this; our difficulties can be conquered because we are a new force
with a brilliant future."

["Build the Seizure of Power Amidst People's War". II Plenum]

6. "This convergence of the new revisionist counter-revolutionary
offensive in collusion with imperialism dreams of the definitive
destruction of Marxism, dreams of sweeping away all that revolution
has done, all its achievements, all its heroic action; they want to
re-enthrone the old, the rotten domination of reaction during the most
obsolete and evil period of imperialism. This has its repercussions, and
we see capitulation and monstrous renegacy, this is happening in the
petty bourgeoisie, in the upper crust of the working class. The MRTA,
for example, is the preacher of capitulation in this country; they spread
`peace', bourgeois democracy, capitulation in the face of imperialism.
Capitulationism expresses itself in two aspects: Capitulation in the face
of Peruvian reaction, and capitulation in the face of world reaction,
that's how it always is; their goal is to sell out the revolution. This is
pus, which must be wiped out by blood and fire, and that requires
strategy and tactics."

[Preparatory Session for the II Plemum of the Central Committee,
p.13]

7. "The class, the people, the masses clamour for the development of
the People's Work to size power."

"Here the key thing is that the class, the proletariat, the masses,
demand the development of the People's War, the deepest
interests of the proletariat, the deepest and most real interests of the
masses here need People's War and we can't be deaf to the
clamour of the masses, the class, the people; the masses demand,
command, want, need the People's War; and we have dared to call
upon them to rebel, and we'll continue doing so today, tomorrow and
forever, until we fulfill our goal, Communism: we have dared to
develop a People's War that is victorious, expanding, and threatening,
and the masses are increasingly conscious of this necessity because
there is no other in this world. "

"Under the Guidance of the Congress, Reorganize the Metropolitan
Commitee!"

I. THIRD CENTRAL COMMITTEE PLENUM. CENTRAL
DOCUMENT.

Reaffirmation of the II Plenum: A glorious, historic and far-reaching
Plenum
- Agreement to publish the Report of the III Plenum. Central
Document.

Report (III Plenum)
- Taking a position on it and reaffirming it.

II. ON THE APPLICATION OF THE WORK SESSION

1. Keep in mind the Outline Summation of the Campaign, so as to
prepare summation reports on the Second Campaign. Outline.

2. On Yankee imperialism's indirect intervention

- Speech by President Gonzalo
- "Document Build the Consquest of Power in the Midst of the
  People's War."

p. 13. On ideology as an arm of victory: "With such powerful and
highly sophisticated... but they haven't achieved it even today."

p.10. "The three stages... Thus if direct imperialist action were to
occur .... and at the same time international support grows and
becomes more powerful."

- "Let the Strategic Equilibrium Shake Up the Country!"

P.36 Re-study section on low intensity warfare
p.43 Point 2. II Plenum, 395-407
"May document. "Elections, No! People's War, Yes", p.7
On U.S imperialism's "20 Year Plan" carried out by the armed forces
and the puppet Fujimori. Oiga magazine no. 647-648.

- Slogan: Yankees, go home! Yankees Out of Peru!
- Let us reaffirm what was laid down by the Work Session on
contradictions, principal contradiction and polarization.

* TACTICS: Unite the people in defense of the Leadership, against the
genocidal and sellout dictatorship!

3. Report on the application of the work session.

Introduction.

1) Communication and hook-ups.
2) Principal task. Specific measures.
3) Sending down and applying the Sessiom.
4) Struggle against the counter-revolutionary hoax, and struggle against
the main danger, revisionism.
5) Archives, publications, and finances.
6) Conclusions and perspectives.

* Approve the report and salute the fulfillment of the task.

Continued part of 2 of 2...
Reproduced by the MPP.
Published by The New Flag
30-08 Broadway, Suite 159