PCP ON THE "PERSONALITY CULT"

Zeynep Tufekcioglu zeynept at turk.net
Sun May 12 12:58:36 MDT 1996

Doug wrote:

>At 1:51 AM 5/12/96, Luis Quispe wrote:
>
>>                 ON THE PERSONALITY CULT
>>
>>[From the "Interview to President Gonzalo", Central Committee of
>>the Communist Party of Peru, 1989. Ediciones Bandera Roja, p. 33.
>>English version pp. 21-22]
>
>[...]
>
>>The cult of personality is a revisionist formulation.
>
>Leave it to Chairman Gonzalo, speaking ex cathedra, to set us all straight
>on this one.
>
>Doug

Doug,

Did you think Chairman Gonzalo was denouncing personality cult as a
revisionist formulation?

If so, reread the whole quote. I think he means that those raising the issue
of personality cult are revisionists, because they negate leadership. (oops,
not leadership, Leadership. Or maybe LEADERSHIP).

>We have been acting in accordance with Lenin's view, which is
>correct. The cult of personality is a revisionist formulation.
>Lenin had warned us of the problem of negating leadership just as
>he emphasized the need for our class, the Party and the
>revolution to promote our own leaders, and more than that, top
>leaders, and a Leadership.

Actually, I've decided a bit of personality cult isn't that bad.

Regards,
Zeynep
No ZEYNEP.
No, better yet;