MORE EL DIARIO: TRAITOR ESPARZA POSING AS A MARTYR (page 7)

boddhisatva kbevans at panix.com
Thu May 16 09:13:47 MDT 1996

		To whom....,

	The thing you've got to respect about Maoists is that they put that
bias right up front where you can see it.  Capitalist and other ilks of
writers will wait until the second paragraph to put in the invective and the
polemic - not Maoists.  If they believe a guy is an enemy of the people, boy,
you know it from the outset.  Often you'll have to wade through three or four
sentences full of insults before you even know what the hell the article is
about.

	The only problem I have with the Maoist writing style is when they
get into that "glorious", and "jubilant" stuff.  Man these comrades can go on
with the extolling of virtue.  They never leave anybody out, either.  You
read a Maoist article, everybody gets a plug - Mao, Lenin, Marx, Gonzalo,
whoever.  It's very decent of them, really, but brevity, people, brevity,
work with me on this, a little concision; glib, fine, but terse, okay?

	peace