Meaning what you say

Hugh Rodwell m-14970 at mailbox.swipnet.se
Sat May 18 00:59:02 MDT 1996

An exchange with Louis P:

>On Fri, 17 May 1996, Hugh Rodwell wrote:
>
>> Louis goes on to give an example of a movement around the Moratorium whose
>> leadership was contested and won by Marxists. Only he characterizes this
>> process as hijacking, making it into a spur of the moment adventure.
>>

>Louis: I never dreamed that I'd find somebody on this list more
>literal-minded than Robert Malecki. Congratulations, Hugh.

Louis, my interpretation isn't literal at all. A hijacking may  well be
planned and carried out in a very business-like way. I just focused on one
of the meanings of the word, the way you seemed to be using it.

If the leadership of the Moratorium was won in a non-adventurist,
non-spur-of-the-moment way, tell us about it.

Correct a misinterpretation instead of launching into a personal put-down
of two subscribers you don't agree with. It helps the level of political
discussion.

Cheers,

Hugh

PS I've been arguing here for months now, and you 'never dreamed' you'd
find anything like this reaction? Who are you trying to kid?