Trotsky and the collapse of Stalinism

Carrol Cox cbcox at rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu
Sat May 18 08:15:07 MDT 1996

    I lack the historical basis myself for arguing either for or against
the proposition that no pre-revolutionary capitalism existed in Russia,
but Joe has one adversary who may have been stupid, but certainly was
familiar with Russian conditions: I speak of the Lenin who wrote
*The Development of Capitalism in Russia* (circa 1896?). It has been
many years since I read it; it has been challenged by many; but certainly
arguments about capitalism in Czarist Russia must take it into account.
        Carrol